RECIPE for Festive Hot Chocolate
There is nothing more comforting at Christmas time than a deliciously tasty Hot Chocolate, and what's even better? When it is topped up with some festive Orange Liqueur... this drink is super easy and quick to make, and totally worth it for the festive feels! On special festive mornings, especially when it's super chilly outside, there is nothing better than a delicious, warming hot chocolate!
Chocolate is a fantastic endorphin which instantly makes us feel cosy and happy and it will certainly warm you up when temperatures start to drop in December. What's great about this recipe is the addition of Orange Liqueur, a signature Christmassy taste that is bound to add flavour and festivity to this wonderful recipe. Whether you're sipping this recipe early on Christmas morning, or to warm yourself up on one of the many frosty evenings in the run-up to the big festive day, it is bound to be a lovely treat during winter time.
The recipe is really simple and easy to follow, with only a few ingredients - but this doesn't mean it won't taste delicious! Depending on your preference, you can change the recipe's ingredients to suit you... swap milk for almond milk or dark chocolate for milk - it's your choice. Also, as a side note, if you do not want to add the alcoholic beverage to your hot chocolate - but want to include the taste and aroma of orange, you can use either orange flavoured chocolate or include a peel of orange skin in the recipe. Follow the recipe below and you'll have a tasty alcoholic beverage for Christmas time!
- 1 cup of Milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of Cointreau (or any orange liqueur of your choice...)
- 1 stick of Cinnamon
- 50 grams of Dark (70%) or Milk Chocolate
- 3 tablespoons of Heavy Cream (whipped)
- Cocoa powder (to dust the Cream)
- Grated Dark Chocolate
- Mix the water, chocolate and cinnamon in a saucepan and heat on medium until the chocolate has completely melted.
- Add milk and bring to the boil, increasing the heat gradually.
- Add Cointreau (if desired)
- Serve in a mug of your choice, and garnish with whipped cream, cocoa powder and grated chocolate.
- Top with a cinnamon stick!
Visit Call Me Cupcake for more information about this delicious recipe, and other festive warming drinks you can try!