Cold Weather Getting You Down? Boost Your Mood With An Act of Kindness!
Did you know that spreading a little kindness is one of the ultimate ways to boost your own mood whilst brightening someone else’s day!
Is kindness science? It can be! There is some evidence that being kind can make a real difference to the well-being and health of individuals who practice it and receive it.
The Dalai Lama claims his key motivation is love and his religion is kindness, saying “Love and kindness are the very basis of society. If we lose these feelings, society will face tremendous difficulties; the survival of humanity will be endangered.”
Today is real life. Tomorrow will come but you have to live today. The actions you take every single day are important. The way you treat others. The way you treat yourself. So today why not step back from the madness and take a little extra time to…be kind and compassionate.
The Dalai Lama also said, “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.” Adhering to this mentality can be powerful and touch people in ways that you didn’t even know mattered. How many times have you had a bad day and one small break, one kind action turns it all around? The person who showed you that kindness probably never even knew how much they helped you.
Acting and living from a place of kindness and choosing to look for the good and the positive has profound affects on our health and wellbeing. It is so easy to get caught up in the small stuff without appreciating the true gift of life itself. We are so blessed and have so much to be grateful for if we choose to place our attention there.
Be inspired by one of our Kindness ideas, both big and small to brighten the world…
1. Donate a gift hamper to a homeless shelter or someone in need
2. Send a thank you to your doctor or dear friend…these delicious biscuits are perfect
3. Surprise co-workers with a morning coffee or sweet treat
4. Leave change at/in a vending machine or ticket station for next person
5. Post some personalised chocolate to your neighbour
6. Offer your time to someone (e.g. help them clean, do their shopping, gardening…)
7. Hold the door open for the next person and smile
8. Let your loved one know how special they are with a personalised memento from our popular Live Laugh Love collection.
9. Introduce yourself and have small talk with someone you often see
10. Let another driver into your lane
11. Release yourself from your to do list and do some pampering!